July 15, 2010

Diamond Resorts International US Collection

Q: I am a current Diamond owner and want to increase my points. I currently own in the California Collection and I am a member of The Club. If I purchase a timeshare from you and it is in a different collection- do the points get added together but I would have the privledges at both collections (extended reservations and parking at home resorts) and would my Club membership still work fine for all points? I know this one is ending, but I know you have a few other ones I am watching as well. I appreciate your time.

A: We do have several packages of Diamond Points but they are the US Collection. They are NOT deeded points, they are a membership that can only be used at the 19 resorts within the collection. Now you can add these points to what you own, BUT, you need to call your owner services rep at Diamond to find out the cost. What I understand is they require you to purchase additional points from them in order to do it. They do it case by case with each individual owner and it all depends on what you own with them. My suggestion would be to call then and tell them you have purchased additional points and want to know how to combine them. It is a little white lie, but it will get you the information you need. If you tell them you are thinking of doing it, they will spend all the time trying to just sell you points from them. Just so you are aware, US Collection points are the ONLY points that transfer from Diamond. If someone owns a deeded week, is a member of The Club and sell it, when it transfers it reverts back to a week only. Then it is up to the new owner to purchase The Club from Diamond. I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment