September 7, 2010

US COLLECTION 15,000 Diamond Resorts Points Timeshare

Q: Can I roll these into my current diamond account and if so would I receive complete benefits for these points? Also are these points available for full exchange within the Interval International or RCI exchange units?

A: There are two types of Diamond points deeded and US Collection. Deeded Diamond points are NOT transferrable. The US collection is a membership and therefore able to be transferred. Unfortunately it does NOT include club membership, does NOT allow them to be combined, and does NOT allow you to use them with II (Diamond typically only trades with II). You can, however, contact Diamond Resorts and ask about upgrading. I suggestion telling them you have already purchased the resale. It saves the time they would spend trying to convince you not to buy resale. They will upgrade the points thus allowing the resale to become part of the club, combined, and able to be traded. The catch? Well you have to buy more points from Diamond. They decide how many and how much on an individual basis. I can tell you that I have been told if you do not take the first offer they will continue to call and their figures will lower. I wish this were easier, but Diamond is the hardest company to work with on the resale side.

No comments:

Post a Comment