May 31, 2008

Be An RCI Points Owner...... the possibilites are endless!

Hi Francene,

Just thought I'd touch base with you. I haven't given up the idea of a timeshare in Oregon, even Southern Washington or Northern California maybe. It's just on hold for a little while as my husband is having knee surgery soon and will be recovering for most of the summer. Still we would be interested if the right one came along. As I said before our daughter lives in Eugene and it would be nice to have somewhere to stay besides staying with her the entire time we visit. As we live on the east coast of Canada and it is a very long trip we usually go for a month or maybe a little more depending.Please keep us in mind of you find something we might like.

Many thanks,
Diann
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Diann,

Thank you for checking in. I looked again, and unfortunately, our inventory for the West Coast, as indicated, is so slim that I have nothing to offer at this point in terms of a traditional floating week, where you could make your trip based on a reservation there. I do have you in our data base, though, and will let you know if I come up with a match.

Upon thinking about your needs, however, I think we talked about being a RCI points owner. From my vantage point, it seems like this would suit your needs amazingly. We could take a look at those three areas and see what Points resorts are in Oregon Coast (closest we can get to Eugene area), No. California, So. Washington, and see what you would need to get at least a one bedroom, or maybe two, and then take a look at what season you prefer to travel. By being a points owners, you can stay at ANY RCI resort, whether it's points affiliated or not. So, in general terms, to stay in a 2BR, Red Season, Gold Crown resort, you'd need approximately 58,000 points for your week's stay. That looks like the most you'd need for a 2BR. The other thing I'll say is that if you were to make a reservation at a Point resort, you can break it up, in 3 or 4 night stays for example, and of course need much fewer points. Here is the link from our web site. If is a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe to open. If you can't , then I can try to cut and paste for you.

So, I'll just stop there to see if you have interest. If so, I am happy to give you a call Diann, to further explain. Points owners love it, and I think once you got the hang of it, you would too. The resale value on points is good too.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,
Francene

No comments:

Post a Comment