March 30, 2009

Wyndham Points

Q: Does it matter which resort you purchase your points at (Ocean Front compared with inland?) I've heard that can change things for RCI exchanges, but is there any truth to it?If I don't plan on making a lot of RCI exchanges or concerned about making advance reservations at my "home resort" does it matter where my deed is?Thanks

A: With purchasing points from Wyndham, it doesn't matter what your home resort is in terms of reservations with points. It only matters if you do want to reserve at your home resort. It'll get you 13 month advance reservations (10 months for everyone else).

Most Wyndham owners exchange within Wyndham, so in that sense, points are points. If you want to go outside of Wyndham and want to exchange with RCI, you'll call Wyndham and bank enough points to get you where you want to go. So if you want a week in Hawaii, they'll bank enough points to get you the strongest exchange power with RCI, say 180K or more (depending on the parameters you set for yourself, like season/size, etc.).

The advantage of us combining this package is that you'll likely have VIP status with Wyndham. With resale, they will not tell you this--but once your transferred they'll most likely upgrade you and this gives you advance check in, and discounts, etc. This is just an added bonus.Finally, I am happy to give you a call if you would like to just talk about options. I'll answer all that I can, and find out what I may not be certain about. I can say that with this amount of points, you'll be able to go anywhere you want to go. This is an incredible package...I think you'll be very happy with the end result and what kind of vacations this gets you.

No comments:

Post a Comment